“Landscape lighting can extend the enjoyment and beauty of your home at night.”
A well-designed residential outdoor lighting system will:
- Enhance your home investment year-round
- Expand outdoor living space
- Minimize safety and security concerns
Low-voltage outdoor lighting systems can be used to:
- Light driveways, walkways and steps to prevent accidents
- Illuminate hidden areas and help discourage prowlers
- Highlight landscape focal points, such as unique trees or flowers, as well as architectural features, accent pools, ponds, fountains and other water features
- Add ambience to outdoor living and entertaining spaces
- Showcase the outdoor view from inside your home year-round
- Reduce electric costs vs. standard-voltage lights
The Lighting Design Process
Before creating a lighting design, it’s important that a Lawn Master Systems professional meet with you to learn your needs, how you want to use the space to be illuminated and the unique qualities of your property.
“Upfront costs are slightly higher, but with rising electricity costs, LEDs offer long-term cost savings and 75% less electricity than halogen systems!”
- LEDs (light emitting diodes) are environmentally friendly and solid-state devices. They don’t contain mercury, moving parts, glass or filaments to break.
- Long-term cost savings for energy, product and maintenance are reduced over the life of the system or about 10-15 years.
- Pure, warm white light (Color temperature of LEDs average 2700 Kelvin similar to most halogen lamps.)
- LEDs average 40,000 hours which eliminates annual lamp replacement for 10 -15 years.
- Low energy consumption (Fixtures consume approximately 75% less electricity than an incandescent/halogen of similar lumens. For an average system on 6 hours/day, LEDs use 80.2 watts, incandescent use 340 watts.)
- LED fixtures are more expensive than halogen but require less transformer wattage capacity and smaller wire which reduces cost for the transformer and wire.
- 10-15 year warranty for fixtures with integrated LEDs (The LED is engineered as part of the entire fixture and requires the fixture be replaced.)
- 5-year warranty for retrofit LED lamps (When the LED burns out or needs higher watts; the lamp is replaced.)
- No replacement lamp costs for 10-15 years, reduces the overall cost of an annual maintenance program.